We were contacted recently by Alex Lee at Laundrylist.org because our new summer seasonal Line Dry Rye came up on his radar. From their site: Project Laundry List is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization which aims to demonstrate that personal choices can make a difference for the Earth and its people.
Project Laundry List is making air-drying laundry acceptable and desirable as a simple and effective way to save energy.
- It is not enough to define a problem and offer no solutions.
- Our consumption patterns create the demand for electricity.
- The generation of nuclear power is an inefficient energy source producing an abundance of hazardous waste of which we cannot safely dispose.
- Raising awareness of existing alternatives to nuclear power and large hydroelectric projects will help people and corporations to make appropriate technological choices.
- Nobody should have to live, work, or play near a nuclear facility.
- No culture or community should be destroyed by a hydroelectric facility or any other monolithic corporate project.
- The sun is the most powerful nuclear reactor and can serve many purposes—none of which should be ignored.
- All citizens nation-wide should have the legal right to hang out their laundry.
- North Americans, as all people, must lead by example.
- Frugality, or thrift, needs to be a universally practiced virtue.
We're going to send Alex a few samples and some tap handle stickers since this one won't be bottled for production. Give your Dryer a break today and Drink a Line Dry tonight........